Our vision is to save everyone. It may take us a long time to get there, but drowning is preventable, and we believe that even one drowning is one too many. We are all lifesavers. We are all fundraisers. This is our watch.
The successful candidate will be the go-to person for fundraising development expertise in Scotland, responsible for delivery of fundraising activity which will achieve agreed fundraising & partnerships income targets. Working with the Regional Engagement Lead, the post holder will support strategic planning, and identify and lead development opportunities to grow income. Working as one crew this person will share their skills and knowledge with staff and volunteers on the ground.
Some of the benefits
• Flexible working
• 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
• Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
• Life assurance
• Health and dental cash plan
As a Fundraising and Partnerships Lead, you will:
• Monitor and manage fundraising and partnership income and expenditure budgets and prospect pipelines
• Troubleshoot and mitigate risks and issues in order to ensure the delivery of results
• Through regular reviews and based on feedback from supporters and volunteers, maintain an ongoing improvement programme across your region to ensure that resources are always deployed appropriately and efficiently, delivering optimum productivity at all times for fundraising & partnership activities
• Monitor and manage operational risk, including compliance with internal and external standards, policies and procedures for fundraising & partnerships activity
• Support the delivery of income targets, increase engagement, increase supporter conversions, deepen relationships and diversify income streams
• Manage delivery of all fundraising and partnership goals and KPIs through the Community Managers
• Work with the communications, events, face-to-face, legacy, media, philanthropy and trusts contacts within your region to help you achieve your goals
• Support volunteer recruitment, management and levels of support for fundraising and partnership activities across your region
• Support the delivery of the national partnership strategy at a regional level and facilitate content delivery and stakeholder management regionally and locally
You’ll be passionate about making a real difference for our supporters, volunteers and customers. You will be highly motivated and enjoy tackling challenging goals and targets whilst being creative in finding solutions to problems. You will be a natural leader and be able to inspire and influence at all levels to drive and embed changes and improvements, keeping the supporter, volunteer and customer experience front of mind.
To be considered as the Fundraising and Partnerships Lead, you will need:
• Significant experience of engaging supporters, volunteers and the general public in order to generate funds
• A proven track record of results delivery in the areas of fundraising and partnerships
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and engagement skills are a must as well as active listening skills and the ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
• People leadership experience is vital, ideally in leading field-based teams in a collaborative environment
Experience of leading and embedding change and improvements is essential. This post requires a valid driving licence.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Manager, Partnerships Manager.
This role, whilst 37 hours per week, will require flexible working across all 7 days of the week. Whilst core days will be defined, it is expected that there will be a degree of weekend and evening working required. Extensive travel will be required.