Since 1981, Alzheimer Scotland has been campaigning for the rights and promoting the physical, mental and emotional well-being of people living with dementia, their families and carers.
The Community Activities Organiser is central to our success, in sourcing, planning, organising and facilitating social, recreational and therapeutic activities both digitally and in the local community ensuring that people living with dementia are encouraged, have access to, and can participate in a varied range of activities which are designed to enhance their quality of life and enjoyment.
The key role of the Community Activities Organiser role is to:
· Understand the various community types that exist and consider the activities that will help each community to flourish
· Advertise and promote activities and events, to ensure that every person living with dementia in the locality is aware, feels encouraged, has access to, and knows they can participate in the activities at their will
· Lead the development and organisation of individual and group, social, recreational and therapeutic activities and interests
· Initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with other partners working in the field of dementia in the local voluntary, statutory and private sectors
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
· Be flexible, self-motivated and dynamic with excellent communication and influencing skills, and ability to work effectively without close supervision
· Have a proven track record of experience in each of the above elements of the role
· Be committed to collaborative working and learning from others
· Be experienced and show a good understanding of best practice in organising the provision of therapeutic interventions for people living with dementia, their families and carers
· This role will cover the Lanarkshire locality with a base within our Dementia Resource Centre in Motherwell. A driving licence and access to a car during working hours is essential.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
· This is an exciting opportunity if you love supporting people to make a difference in their lives. The role enables you to bring your expertise and your network together to provide community activities that will enable people living with dementia to meet their individual outcomes.
Do you want to work with an ethical, supportive and values driven employer that offers good benefits and flexibility?
An award-winning small organisation celebrating our 20th anniversary this year, North Lanarkshire Carers Together are a carer led charity operating within the heart of North Lanarkshire. We are the commissioned organisation in North Lanarkshire providing Campaigning, Information and Representation of carers.
North Lanarkshire Carers Together was the first Voluntary Organisation in the UK to receive a National Award in the New Media Section of the Association of Social Care Communicators. We have contributed to the Carers Journey, to Carers Strategies in North Lanarkshire, to the reshaping care for older people agenda, a consultation resulting in Carers Health Needs Report, and helped implement locally, in our valued spirit of partnership approach - the enactment of carers rights in law within the Carers Scotland Act 2016 – which came into force in 2018.
Throughout this time and alongside this strategic work, we have also ensured that thousands of carers received sound and timely information and advice on their rights and how to access services to meet their needs and have tirelessly campaigned on their behalf and represented carers at various levels within the Local Authority, Health Board and more recently within Health and Social Care.
Community Solutions is an innovative, community led, health and social care investment and improvement programme for North Lanarkshire which is committed to building community capacity and support to help people live healthier and better lives and North Lanarkshire Carers Together are the thematic lead for carers within its programme of work.
About the role
Following additional investment in Community Solutions by Health and Social Care for the benefit of carers, North Lanarkshire Carers Together are recruiting a senior position within the organisation. Reporting to the Development Manager as part of a management team approach, the Carer Network Lead will
North Lanarkshire Carers Together offer an attractive benefits package including 8% contributory pension, Credit Union payroll option, carer friendly policies, Health Assured employee assistance programme, 12 public holidays and 25 days annual leave (pro rata).
All staff are currently working a blended mix of office based and home working to adhere to our Safe Systems of Work and ensure staff confidence and wellbeing are maximised.