You will be a dynamic and effective team member with excellent communication and time management skills with a commitment to delivering a high-quality service in line with our mission and values. You will be working in close collaboration with the management team, staff and young people to identify how volunteers can support staff and enhance the young person’s experience, ensuring that volunteers and volunteering brings value to our service.
You will recruit, train, support and place a diverse range of volunteers within our projects and services. You will be responsible for ensuring their placements promote personal growth and development. This will be achieved through the direct delivery of training and identifying learning opportunities for our volunteers.
A full Job Description is available for download below.
OFFICE BASE AT EUROCENTRAL, LANARKSHIRE (CURRENTLY HOME WORKING) AND SERVICES BASED ACROSS NORTH LANARKSHIRE
The Best in You Brings Out the Best in Me
ENABLE Scotland is a dynamic and vibrant social care organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and we are looking for motivated and driven individuals to join us in ensuring they have the same opportunities as everyone else.
Are you a driven and motivated individual who enjoys new and unique challenges daily? Do you have the passion and drive to manage and lead a team of frontline staff to support individuals to achieve their personal outcomes, live the life they choose and become an inclusive member within their own community? If so, there has never been a better time to apply!
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience working with adults and children with learning disabilities, epilepsy, autism and physical support needs.
• Experience in using person centred planning techniques in addition to delivering and leading excellent support practices.
• Strong facilitation skills to encourage staff teams to take ownership and responsibility for the quality of support they deliver.
• The ability to effectively communicate with the people we support, staff teams, families and external care professionals.
• Creating and delivering robust service designs, support strategies and risk assessments whilst managing individual budgets.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload whilst working under pressure.
• Willing to be part of an on call rota.
• SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
• Full driving licence with access to your own vehicle for business use.
At ENABLE Scotland we believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities. These include, but are not limited to:
We also have an excellent range of staff benefits on offer including but not limited to:
Starting a social care career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
Note:The successful applicant will be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of their start date.