Moray Carshare is a registered charity that started in 2007 with the mission of providing convenient and affordable transport options that minimise environmental damage and encourage social cohesion. We are currently engaged in a major development project to expand our car-sharing services into Elgin and Aberlour, and to introduce electric bikes into all our districts. This will bring the fleet available to our over 200 members up to 21 cars (including 7 electric) plus 12 electric bikes. Beyond this project we aim to find ways to convert the rest of our fleet to electric and thereby become carbon neutral. We also wish to explore further innovations to meet the transport needs of rural communities in ways that are both affordable and sustainable and which strengthen these communities.
In connection with all of this we are restructuring our staffing to operate with 2 co-managers to ensure greater resilience and creativity. The co-managers will share responsibility both for development tasks such as strategic planning, fund raising, and project implementation, as well as the day-to-day operational tasks such as accounting, member service and vehicle management.
We are looking for somebody with:
· A passion for the ethos of car-sharing clubs
· Good communication skills when dealing with people and good writing skills
· Comfortable holding responsibility and solving problems using own initiative
· Ability to pay attention to detail and comfortable dealing with figures
· Good level of skill in computer tools: especially Excel
· A valid driving licence
· Willing and able to make a long-term commitment.
In addition, it would be an advantage if you have:
· Business acumen & experience of social entrepreneurship
· Experience of book-keeping and financial planning & monitoring
· Residence in Findhorn, Forres or Kinloss
· Good knowledge of cars.
In return we are offering:
· Location: Comfortable office in an inspiring working environment in the brand new Findhorn Social Enterprise Hive;
· Pay: £12.50 per hour as an employee with 5 weeks paid holiday & pension
· Hours: 20 hours per week (negotiable, and likely to increase in the future)
· Start date: 1st November (negotiable).