We are looking to recruit a management & project accountant to join our team. You will be responsible for preparing the monthly management accounts including the trial balance, programme reconciliations, and year end statutory accounts. You will also be responsible for efficient and effective budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
A key part of this role is to work with project teams across GALVmed to provide financial support for projects that have a direct impact on the lives of small-holder farmers through Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
As a small finance team, you will also be involved in different projects across the organisation, supporting one-off activities to achieve our strategic objectives. We are keen to encourage applicants from those who would be enthusiastic about playing a central part in our team and in improving financial systems and procedures.
a. Project Finances
• Responsible for delivering the budgeting and forecast process, including preparing the organisation’s core budget.
• Projects – project budgeting including providing financial project support through the preparation of project reports & analysis, regularly liaising with project staff and attending project meetings.
• Funders – donor reporting, satisfying complex funder reporting requirements including programme reconciliations.
• Data – data manipulation and analysis.
b. Month End Reporting
• Responsible for overseeing production of monthly management accounts and drafting of narrative for Finance Report and any other ad hoc reports.
• Liaising with international offices (Kenya and India) on internal reporting.
• Preparing monthly key account reconciliations & assist with day-to-day processing.
• Involvement in the year-end process, including preparation of statutory accounts, supporting audit information and liaising with external auditors.
• Responsible for preparation of international payroll.
• Support implementation and improvement of processes and controls.
• Support the Finance Manager with ad hoc duties when required.
Global Alliance for Livestock Veterinary Medicines (GALVmed) is a charity with a mission to seek transformational improvement in the well-being and economic progression of small-scale livestock producers through Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. We do this through:
- Research and Development - GALVmed harnesses the best available expertise and capabilities in academia, public research institutes and the commercial pharmaceutical sector to develop vaccines, medicines and diagnostics for the major livestock diseases impacting small-scale producers.
- Commercial Development - GALVmed’s market development activities work to make this portfolio of animal health products available to smallholder livestock producers. This is underwritten by the willingness of small-scale livestock producers to pay the market price for effective livestock health products (particularly vaccines). Small-scale producers’ awareness, as well as vaccine distribution and vaccinator networks, first need to be developed on a small scale in pilots and field projects. Once these have demonstrated economic viability, larger market initiatives can be developed to bring in the private vaccine manufacturers to achieve and sustain the scale that can reach millions of small-scale livestock producers.
We are a small team with a head office in Edinburgh, and further offices in India and Kenya.