About the role
We are looking for a dynamic and committed individual to join our Betterlives service in Islington.
This exciting and rewarding role will provide you with significant scope for growth and innovation within a supportive and friendly multidisciplinary team of clinical and non-clinical professionals.
The main purpose of this role is to provide excellent quality support to our service users accessing aftercare services. This responsibilities of the role include, but not limited to:
• Engaging service users into ETE.
• Providing on to one support to service users on your caseload
• Providing a Drop-In service across 3 sites in the Borough.
• Normal hours are 9-5pm but you may be expected support with late cover
• The duties are varied, and no two days will be the same
• Duties may include supporting group delivery and SU Involvement as well as helping to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support our service user’s health and wellbeing such as; supporting delivery of our ‘Sleep’ Group and Smoking Cessation
WDP is committed to the ongoing professional development of all our staff. Through joining WDP, you will receive a warm welcome, peer support, extensive training, regular supervision and the chance to thrive in a lively and aspirational organisation.
We are seeking committed, organised and highly motivated candidates, with an in-depth knowledge and experience of the challenges affecting people with substance misuse and related health and wellbeing issues.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving service making positive changes in service users’ lives, through a non-judgemental, recovery-based approach that values the strengths and choices of those individuals.
The role requires someone with excellent people skills and passionate about supporting service users through their last stages of recovery, and supporting integration in the community
We are looking for a dynamic and committed individual
The successful candidate must be flexible in their approach
Demonstrateable experience of working with service users access employment, training and education.
Experience of delivering ETE within community-based services
The ability to be creative and think on your feet
Understanding of our service user group would be advantageous
You will be able to make a positive impact on the lives of those who engage with our services
Experience of facilitating groups is an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
• A commitment to quality and being the best we can.
• Providing excellent care and support to the Islington Community
• Showing dignity and respect to the service users you will be working with.
• Working well together as part of our team.
We deliver our services across 3 sites;
309 Gray's Inn Road | London | WC1X 8QS
99-101 Seven Sisters Road | London | N7 7QP
28b King Henry's Walk |London | N1 4PB
Why should you apply?
• To be an integral contributor in our mission to transform the lives of our service users
• To help enact positive change within the community and wider public space
• Be part of a high-performance team that is focused on quality and welcomes innovation.
• To benefit from our competitive salary and benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
To see the generous range of benefits we offer at WDP – including health and wellbeing initiatives, financial perks and development opportunities – visit our Benefits Package.
To find out more about our service, visit WDP.org.uk
To find out more about WDP, visit WDP – Who we are.
For an informal discussion about the position please contact, Helena Jones, Service Manager at Helena.Jones@wdp.org.uk