Come on board and help make the next move.
Inverclyde Women’s Aid is seeking to recruit suitably experienced, qualified and skilled women to join our existing Board of Directors.
We offer refuge accommodation for 11 families, 1:1 support, group work, information, counselling, and advocacy to women and their children who experience domestic abuse and sexual abuse. We are currently based in 9 George Square, Greenock, although we provide our services Inverclyde wide.
The role of the Director is highly rewarding but unpaid, although any expenses incurred will be reimbursed. Training on domestic abuse and its effects will be available. This is a unique opportunity for women who have expertise, time and commitment to join the Board of Directors in order to provide strategic guidance and leadership to support the current management structure in the future development of the organisation.
We are keen to recruit women who have experience and knowledge of working with vulnerable women, children and young people. We have identified skills and experience required including: Operational and Strategic Development; Financial Management; Human Resource Management, Marketing and Fundraising.
Inverclyde Women’s Aid is an Equal Opportunities Employer and positively welcomes applications from women from all sections of the community. Only women need apply under Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010. Successful applicants will be subject to PVG checks.
Ocean Youth Trust Scotland is a leading youth work charity. Through their adventurous residential sailing voyages and the help of hundreds of volunteers, they support young people aged 12-25 to realise their true potential through youth work on the waves.
Since 2008, the Scottish Government has committed £110 million to community initiatives to improve the quality of life of young people right across Scotland.
OYT Scotland currently work with groups in areas of high social and economic deprivation, and demand is high from these groups to provide them with additional voyages that can reach new intakes of young people. They aim to target groups such as these where we feel the largest difference can be made through Early and Effective Intervention (EEI).
OYT Scotland has an exciting new role as Youth Development Worker that will be key to delivering a national funded project in line with the Scottish Government’s initiatives to support young people.
Building on the success of their highly lauded previous programmes, this will be a longer-term personal development journey aimed specifically at young people most at risk of offending or entering the judicial system.
A Job Description and a Person Specification are available for download below.
Moving on exists for Rebuilding Lives, Restoring Hope, Reshaping Futures
Moving On have a vacancy for a Service Manager.
Qualities and skills:
Excellent communication skills with ability to give and receive constructive feedback
Motivational with good coaching skills
Energetic, enthusiastic and open to change
Ability to build effective relationships with other team members, service users and external partners
Sees Service Users at the centre of all actions
Accepts responsibility for setting goals to achieve objectives and able to delegate to relevant person
Strategic thinker Good Organisational skills
Knowledge and understanding of addictions
Knowledge and understanding of 3rd Sector
Leadership and management of successful teams
Education and qualification:
Qualification in Alcohol & Drug Studies essential
Team management qualifications an advantage
- Leading and managing, coaching and developing, the Moving On team, giving regular constructive feedback to ensure excellent service is provided at all times in a friendly and approachable manner
- Proactively and continuously identifying and achieving funding for the project.
- Following Moving On’s Mission and Values and achieving targets as agreed
- Actively supervising, supporting, delegating and working with the team to achieve targets
- Analysing and giving suggestions to Moving On Board to improve services and suggest new services
- Taking part in recruitment with assessment according to requirements and profile specified
- Leading the induction of new employees and identifying and delivering training
- Preparing and presenting periodic reports and other required documents
- Developing and carrying out Marketing and Promotional Campaigns
- Representing Moving On to regulatory authorities including all required documentation
- Representing Moving On at local ADP and national forums, keeping up to date and informing staff members of local and national alcohol and drug strategies.
- Responsibility for managing budgets and cost optimisation
- Fulfilment of all Legal, Professional and Ethical requirements for the role
- Monitoring Health and Safety and Data Protection and ensuring compliance