TYKES is a charity established in 1999, which seeks to develop and maintain a quality service to support the needs of Young Carers in Sutherland whose lives are significantly impacted by physical or mental ill health, disability or addiction of a family member within the home.
It does this by nurturing and guiding Young and Young Adult Carers and their families through often distressing situations, by finding paths through what is an increasing labyrinth of support agencies, health services and schools.
It creates a safety net for carers through trained case workers who advise, encourage, and inspire. It delivers outreach services; supports referrals for mental health; it improves self-esteem and raises self-confidence.
We are seeking to appoint a General Manager to assist the Board achieve the aims and objectives of the organisation, within the Governance and policy framework in place, delivering a range of programme activity. This role would suit someone who has a background in the Care Sector and understands how to raise awareness of the needs of young carers with policy makers. You will be assisting the Board and the Team focus attention on those in need and promote the services which will help young carers; developing innovative and creating ways of working with young carers, making best use of available resources; agree a prioritised client group and work collaboratively; manage all aspects of the project; supervise staff and sessional workers.
· Work effectively with the Board in delivering the organisation’s plans
· Submit regular reports to the Board
· Build trusting relationships with key caring partners and stakeholders
· Enact long-term planning whilst balancing short-term priorities
· Ensure that strong Governance arrangements in place
· Lead by example and motivate others to drive the organisation forward
· Review policy and programme activity
· Develop a high performing team who deliver for the client group
· Support the training and development needs of staff
· Manage all aspects of delivery, including staff management
· Oversee the financial management of the organisation
· Lead fundraising, ensuring that sufficient funds are in place to deliver the annual plans
· Facilitate links between all the essential care stakeholders
· Ensure compliance with Health and Safety procedures, risk assessments and organisational policies
Young Carers Project
· Deliver an effective annual service for the constituent client group
· Consult and liaise with the Board on all aspects of the project
· Evolve appropriate structures, procedures and policies where required
· Consider changes to the model to enhance the experience of young carers
· Maintain contact with young carers and the client group
· Develop evaluation and monitoring systems
· Keep funding bodies informed on initiatives and progress
· Deliver an annual training and development plan
· Refer young carers to other services when appropriate
· Liaise within the caring sector to deliver enhanced models of service
· Undertake and develop marketing and PR activities
· Continue to develop the service and explore new ideas
The General Manager salary will be in the range of £30k - £35k, dependent upon the experience and track record of the post holder. The hours of work are 37.5 per week, with 38 days annual leave (this includes 10 public holidays).