Following the publication of the Community Action Plan it is clear that our aspirations will require more funding
than is available to us from the income we receive from windfarms and hydro. The role of the Community
Fundraiser is to help raise additional funds to ensure the financial stability of the Trust and other
organisations in the Stratherrick and Foyers area whose work aligns with outcomes in the Community Action Plan.
It is a new and very exciting role and we have a goal to match fund the £4 million we will receive into the area
from renewable projects in the next five years. The role is full time but we would consider job share. There are
no supervisory requirements for this role.
- With support from the Trust Manager to stimulate, encourage, support and write grant applications and
fundraising activities in Stratherrick and Foyers carried out by individuals, organisations and associations and
the Trust on a weekly basis.
- Develop our grant applications and fundraising in the area and support any
legacy investments, community share offerings, community lottery or renewable energy investment opportunities
that may arise.
- Identify and apply for funding that meets the aims and objectives of the Community
- To organise regular Craft Fair and advertising in newsletter to raise funds for
- Make links with individuals and groups, including companies, schools, churches
and community organisations.
- Identify and develop grant, fundraising and legacy initiatives to engage
individuals and groups including companies, schools, churches and community organisations.
local participation in SFCT calendar of events.
- Work with organisers of events taking place in
Stratherrick and Foyers to encourage participants to raise funds for community projects specific to the
Community Action Plan
- Advise and launch a ‘Friends of Stratherrick and Foyers’ legacy
- Produce resources such as posters, sponsorship forms, fundraising packs and thank you
certificates to support and promote community fundraising events.
- Actively find new supporters to
promote Stratherrick and Foyers collection tins and merchandise across the area and grow income as a
- Recruit and support volunteers to assist you with fundraising activities
- Record all CF data and contact activity
- Respond to CF enquiries,
sending agreements, fundraising packs and thank you letters.
- Add CF events to the website.
and maintain collection boxes.
- Ensure risk assessments and agreements for CF events are sent and
completed as and when needed.
- Friends of Stratherrick and Foyers Groups
- To explore the potential
and provide administrative support and general support to the Friends of Stratherrick and Foyers legacy
- To build effective relationships with Friends of Stratherrick and Foyers.
materials for Community Fundraising
- Order and distribute CF materials and merchandise.
stock levels and carry out a regular stock take.
- Regular reporting and evaluation on areas of responsibility
- Keep up to date with local government
legislation, charity law, national fundraising guidelines and SFCT policies and procedures to ensure all
fundraising activities comply.
- To undertake all other reasonable duties as required by the
- Provide support to the initiatives and events organised by other SFCT volunteer groups,
including providing help and attendance as needed.
This is a full-time position 37.5 hours per week. Note that some weekend and evening work may be required. We would
consider a job share.
Looking after volunteers and staff
SFCT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and
expects all staff and volunteers interacting with these groups to share this commitment. This position will be
subject to a satisfactory reference