We are looking for committed individuals to expand the range of our Board’s skills, knowledge and experience. We require dynamic and motivated people who are sympathetic to the aims and objectives of our organisation to fulfil these voluntary duties. We want to have a wide range of people on the Board, and seek to be representative of the diverse population of Glasgow. There is no need to have trustee experience to apply. A desire to provide services to the most vulnerable in our community is critical.
Greater Pollok Citizens Advice Bureau is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the existing team in delivering a high quality advice and representation service to the residents of Glasgow South West.
The successful candidate must:
• Have excellent organisational skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise workloads and motivate others.
• Have a good understanding of current Welfare rights issues and legislation as well as at least two years experience of preparing and representing at Unified Appeal Hearings.
• Preferably have some experience of dealing with employment issues.
• Have experience of supervising volunteers or staff preferably in a paid capacity.
• Be able to work on their own initiative and provide ongoing support to voluntary staff.
• Possess the ability to learn new skills and to follow existing policies and procedures to a high level.
• Possess very good IT skills – especially word-processing, and database entry and the ability to produce regular reports using computer graphics.
• You will also be expected to work within the principles of the Citizens Advice Service and the GDPR legislation.