As Volunteer Co-ordinator, you will you will manage all elements of volunteering within SWCT including recruiting, selecting, inducting, and training volunteers, and in supervising, supporting, appraising and retaining volunteers. You will also strive to ensure that volunteers are recognised for, and satisfied with, the important contribution they are making SWCT’s work.
You will deliver the Volunteer Car Scheme which provides door to door transport for our service users between their home and hospital/healthcare appointments.
You will demonstrate responsibility, reliability and integrity, be highly motivated and enthusiastic, and have a friendly manner.
Full PVG checks will be carried out.
Greater Pollok Citizens Advice Bureau is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the existing team in delivering a high quality advice and representation service to the residents of Glasgow South West.
The successful candidate must:
• Have excellent organisational skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise workloads and motivate others.
• Have a good understanding of current Welfare rights issues and legislation as well as at least two years experience of preparing and representing at Unified Appeal Hearings.
• Preferably have some experience of dealing with employment issues.
• Have experience of supervising volunteers or staff preferably in a paid capacity.
• Be able to work on their own initiative and provide ongoing support to voluntary staff.
• Possess the ability to learn new skills and to follow existing policies and procedures to a high level.
• Possess very good IT skills – especially word-processing, and database entry and the ability to produce regular reports using computer graphics.
• You will also be expected to work within the principles of the Citizens Advice Service and the GDPR legislation.