Permanent Support Worker 35 hours Nightshift
Permanent Support Worker 17.5 hours
The Support Worker will provide a combination of personal care, care at home and housing support to people with dementia in their own homes. The post holder will be part of a dedicated team that will ensure that the highest quality of service is provided.
We are looking for a unique person who can support people with dementia, living within their own home in a Supported Living Service, personalised to the tenants needs.
Our support workers are our most important people as they provide front line support.
Our support workers help tenants to maintain skills and independence by providing support and care with all aspects of daily living.
Successful applicants will have a positive approach to dementia. You will also have good communication skills and a caring attitude. A willingness to learn and participate in training is essential. Relevant qualifications and/or experience of working with people with dementia is essential
This is an exciting opportunity to lead our Regional Family Support Team to ensure the delivery of high-quality support to people with family members resident in HMP Barlinnie, HMP Shotts, HMP Low Moss and HMP Kilmarnock, HMP Dumfries, HMP Greenock, HMP Addiewell or those living across the West of Scotland who may have family members in prison elsewhere in Scotland.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Starting salary: £35,655 FTE (band £35,655 - £38,683)
Probation period: 6 months
25 flexible leave days plus 10 public holidays
Hybrid working (negotiable)
4% matched contribution workplace pension scheme
Laptop and mobile phone for all staff
Our Regional Manager will:
• Lead a team of staff and social work students to provide 1:1, family work in family homes, community venues, prison, and/or prison visitor centres
• Liaise and contribute to key local and community forums such as Community Planning Partnerships, Third Sector Interface meetings, or Local Authority partners’ meetings
• Create and develop a range of support services to meet the local need across the East of Scotland.
It is important that our Regional Family Support Manager is:
• Experienced in leading others
• Passionate about developing high quality family support practice
• Trauma-informed and rights-focused in all they do
• Skilled in building strong, effective relationships with staff, local and regional partners, and stakeholders
• Skilled in creating support to meet the most challenging issues that impact families affected by imprisonment
• Confident, resilient, and respectful when dealing with challenging situations.
If you are an experienced professional with managerial experience in social work, community work, family support, or other appropriate experiences and are passionate about making a difference for families impacted by imprisonment, then we want to hear from you.
Families Outside is the only national charity in Scotland that works solely to support families affected by imprisonment. Imprisonment can often have a huge impact on the things that matter most to families: money and secure housing, safe and connected relationships at home and in the community, and the emotional health and wellbeing of families. Families Outside is dedicated to providing a range of practical, social, and emotional support to people with someone in prison that are relationship-based, prison-aware, and family-focused.