Purpose:- To develop and deliver a range of activities with children which supports their learning and development.
Duties and Responsibilities of Post:-
The Employee will carry out the whole duties pertaining to the post of Church Officer which shall include: -
1. Preparation for and attendance at the usual diets of worship on Sundays, including communion service. Such preparation will include the laying of the covers for communion services.
2. Subject to the overall direction of the Minister, the Employee will, in connection with these duties, act on the instructions of the Session Clerk.
3. Preparation for and attendance at the Sunday School services and any special services. Subject to the overall direction of the Minister, the Employee will, in connection these duties, act on the instructions of the Leader of the Sunday School, the Deputy Leader or the Secretary.
4. Preparation of the premises for all services, meetings etc. including the heating, airing and general making ready thereof.
5. After all services, etc. the Employee shall be responsible for effectively tidying up and cleaning the premises, arranging for the laundering of communion tablecloths and towels, washing up and putting away all dishes, utensils, etc. used.
6. The Employee shall be responsible for keeping the premises thoroughly clean and tidy on a Sunday, taking such cleaning action as required.
7. If any repairs are required to the premises or their furnishings, the Employee will forthwith report the same to the Session Clerk.
8. At all diets of worship on Sundays and weekdays [if required] the Employee shall be suitably dressed, further guidance is available from Minister.
9. The employee will be responsible to the Minister and assist him/her in their duties.
10. Such additional duties as may reasonably be requested by the Employer from time to time.
11. The employee will make sure that the offering is placed in the secure location as agreed with the Minister
12. The employee will set up the main hall for refreshments following the service.
13. The employee will buy tea, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits etc. for after service fellowship and present receipts to treasurer for reimbursement
14. After the service the employee will assist in the making, distributing of refreshments Then after the clearing of refreshments etc. tidying away table and chairs etc.
15. The employee will follow all Scottish Government and Church of Scotland guidelines, and implement in relation to their duties as Church officer.
16. A live church connection is desirable, as a reference will be asked for by your Minister/Pastor/Priest
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and may be altered as required
A live church connection is desirable.
Additional hours may be available to act as church officer for funerals, weddings etc.