Ore Valley Housing Association, based in Cardenden and Lochgelly, is responsible for the management and maintenance of over 700 social rented and private homes. We also manage a variety of additional community facilities including the Ore Valley Business Centre, Lochgelly Miners Institute and commercial premises.
We are looking for a candidate to work within our newly formed Corporate, Enterprise and Sustainability team. This is an interesting and challenging role presenting the successful applicant with a good opportunity to expand their knowledge of social housing, corporate, enterprise and sustainability sectors.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Corporate, Enterprise and Sustainability Manager in the development and delivery of the main enterprise and sustainability functions. These include the management of commercial space and leases, the research, implementation and management of wider sustainability and enterprise projects and developmental projects.
The successful applicant will also provide support, where required, to the additional corporate functions of the team. These may include, for example; the administration of Health and Safety, the delivery of our repairs service, management of the complaints process and supporting the development of the organisation’s policies and procedures.
This role is perfect for someone who is a confident, friendly communicator, is able to work well with others, shows initiative and has a positive, flexible and proactive approach to managing their workload.
We recognise that this role is varied so full training will be provided.
If you would like to discuss the role further on an informal basis prior to applying please call Maryjane Elder on 01592 723 835.
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
• Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
• Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
• Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
• Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
• Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
• 4% Contributory pension scheme
• Employee recognition schemes
• Opportunities for career progression
• Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
• Refer a Friend Scheme
• Sodexo Employee Benefits
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff.