The main role of the Hub Manager is to maximise the use of the Glenrothes Community Sports & Health Hub through increased bookings and development of new activities, projects & community events.
To research, compile and complete applications for local and national funding.
Core duties include:
• Monitoring and delivering agreed project outcomes/milestones and report regularly to funders/stakeholders, ensuring quality and impact is measured appropriately.
• To plan, deliver, monitor and promote use and activity programmes and recruit other groups to hire the facilities, aiming for high occupancy levels during weekdays, evenings and weekends.
• To meet regularly with service users to discuss their needs and feedback.
• To maintain and enhance current partnerships and seek to develop new partnerships with other third sector, voluntary & statutory and specialist agencies along with local & national employers.
• Liaise with all sporting groups that are affiliated to the Glenrothes Community Sports & Health Hub and ensure they are being supported.
• Line management, supervision and support of a diversity of part-time staff and volunteers.
• Responsibility for strengthening and supporting the Hub’s growing volunteer base.
• Liaise regularly with Fife Council, Community Sports Hub Officer.
• Reporting on a monthly basis to the Board of Management of the Glenrothes Community Sports & Health Hub.
• Duties may include working evenings and weekends. Driving licence is essential with use (business insurance) of a vehicle.
Options Fife – Residential Glenrothes and Options Fife - Housing Support
Do you have relevant experience of working with children and young people with a disability/and or autism or relevant experience in a similar sector or work environment?
About Aberlour Options Fife Residential Glenrothes and Housing Support
At Aberlour we listen to understand what our young people want and need within our local area. As such, our new services in Glenrothes support young people with learning disabilities and/or autism to live and thrive within the local community. We are looking to recruit Young People’s Workers to both of our new Options Fife Services.
Options Fife - Housing Support will be home to 4 young people aged 16 plus who will all have their own individual flat. Working patterns will include days, nights, weekends and public holidays. Our rota has been drafted with the needs of the young people at heart, shifts will be longer in order to keep consistency for our young people.
Options Fife - Residential Glenrotheswill be home to 3 young people age 16 plus. Working patterns will include days, nights, weekends and public holidays. Our rota has been drafted with the needs of the young people at heart, shorter shifts of 7.5 hours per day is anticipated however this may change to suit the needs of the young people.
What we are looking for....
As a Young People’s Worker, you will play a fundamental role in our young people’s lives to ensure that they get the best possible experience whilst working towards goals in their care plan. Using a person-centred approach, you will provide enabling support ensuring the highest level of physical and emotional care; supporting our young people in their daily living and within the local community.
If you have an interest in working with young people, we would like to hear from you. We are looking for Young People’s Workers to work full time (37.5 hours per week), part time (25 - 30 hours per week) and relief. Ideally, candidates will have social care experience, understanding of autism, complex needs and disability. You will hold, or be willing to work towards, a relevant professional qualification at SCQF level 7 or above (for example: SVQ3 Care plus an HNC) together with relevant experience of working with children or young people. You must also be able to demonstrate awareness of the key elements of working with people affected by disability as well as an understanding of, and commitment to, young people’s rights.
At Aberlour we want to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team.
What we offer...
As well as a supportive team and excellent training opportunities, we want all our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, an excellent employer pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts across various retailers.
If you have any queries please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aberlour is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our service users and uses a thorough and rigorous recruitment and selection process including PVG Scheme checks to ensure this commitment is not compromised.
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
• Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
• Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
• Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
• Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
• Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
• 4% Contributory pension scheme
• Employee recognition schemes
• Opportunities for career progression
• Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
• Refer a Friend Scheme
• Sodexo Employee Benefits
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff.
The Supported Housing Worker role requires assisting in the management of the development thus ensuring the tenants are able to enjoy an acceptable standard of living in an environment which is clean, safe and friendly. You will be responsible for overseeing the wellbeing of the tenants and for assisting them in maintaining their independence.
As Housing Care Worker your role will involve working with our tenants to ensure they receive the support and personal care identified in their care plans. You will directly support tenants in their homes by providing individual advice, practical housing support assistance and personal care.
Both roles are to ensure that we are able to offer the best service to our tenants and make it possible for our tenants to continue enjoying as much independent living as they’re able.
As well as a competitive annual salary, our valued team also benefits from:
We also have opportunities with our Trust Staff Agency - for employees who want to work across different locations, in various roles, with highly flexible hours to suit family commitments - it's a great opportunity with the same training and development that our other roles benefit from.
Previous experience working in social care or the housing sector would be an advantage but this is not always necessary. Our ideal candidate is someone with enthusiasm, a caring nature and willingness to learn as full training, support and ongoing development will be provided.