Purpose of the role:
WEA have an exciting opportunity for Numeracy Sessional Tutors to join our Scotland team working in and around Fife.
- £27.34 per hour, teaching rate;
- Agile working opportunities;
- Teachers Pension;
- Employee assistance programme;
- Cycle to work scheme.
We are looking for numeracy tutors who have experience of successfully working with adults to develop everyday numeracy skills up to SCQF Level 4.
We are especially interested in hearing from numeracy and adult literacies tutors who have experience of delivering in workplace settings in addition to working in the community with adult learners.
As a Sessional Tutor, you will provide the highest possible quality teaching and learning to groups of learners, in both face to face classroom (including on-site workplace delivery) and online classroom environments.
Key areas of responsibility:
Providing engaging teaching, learning and assessment with a creative and supportive approach to teaching and the ability to adapt to a range of learning styles. Able to differentiate delivery to meet the needs of learners.
Undertaking effective initial assessments, diagnostic activities and preparing course materials, ensuring a wide range of formative and summative assessment practices, which motivates and stretches learners to reach their objectives.
Are you passionate about lifelong learning? Join the UK's largest voluntary sector adult education provider.
As a Tutor, we are looking for the following skills:
- Enthusiasm for teaching numeracy and / or have a special interest in teaching in a related STEM field;
- A flexible and empathetic approach to teaching adult learners;
- Ability to create and adapt teaching and learning materials;
- A passion for adult education, and making a difference!
- Experienced adult literacies tutor;
- Knowledge of financial literacies for example the benefits system, budgeting, consumer debt, etc;
- Have used basic or intermediate maths skills as part of their job (engineers, carpenters, builders, plumbers, hairdresser, beautician etc);
- Able to teach basic maths to SCQF level 4 in workplace settings and make relevant to work;
- Experience of accreditation / SQA etc;
- Experience of numeracy delivery to ESOL learners.
If you have any of these skills, we would like to hear from you!
The WEA is the UKs largest voluntary sector provider of adult education, a charity dedicated to bringing high quality, professional education into the heart of communities.
We are working hard to create a workplace that reflects the communities we seek to serve and in which everyone feels empowered to be themselves and work together to drive positive change. We strongly encourage applicants from a diverse range of candidates and encourage everyone with the appropriate skills, experiences and potential to apply.