Scottish Water is establishing an Independent Customer Group to support and challenge it as it progresses to being a fully customer-centric organisation.
We are seeking members for the new group to help ensure the needs and expectations of customers and communities are identified and articulated as the business undertakes the transformation set out in its Strategic Plan and the Water Sector Vision.
As a member of the Independent Customer Group you would be responsible for:
• Providing strategic challenge and insight to Scottish Water from and on behalf of customers as it progresses to becoming a fully customer-centric organisation.
• Assessing how effectively Scottish Water is meeting its commitments to customers and communities.
• Supporting and challenging Scottish Water on its work to build active, engaged relationships with customers and communities.
In order to do this, you will need:
• A commitment and enthusiasm to help Scottish Water as it transforms to becoming fully customer-centric, achieves net zero and delivers additional public benefit.
• Excellent people skills and a willingness to listen and engage in discussion.
• The ability to understand and assess complex documents and presentations.
We are looking to ensure this group reflects the diverse views of the people of Scotland. Group members are not required to have previous experience in the industry or of advisory committees.
If selected, you will receive payment for the time you have spent working on the group in accordance to the Public Sector Pay Policy for Senior Appointments.
We know that personal commitments and travel restrictions can be a barrier to attending meetings face to face. Because of this, the Independent Customer Group will always work to facilitate flexible working where possible. In the current circumstance all meetings will be online.
Pay rates in accordance with public sector pay policy for senior appointments and dependent on work carried out.
Up to a maximum of 50 days a year, but it is likely to be less than this.
Monthly meetings and other duties as appropriate
Initial minimum period of 2 years with potential for reappointment for further terms up to a maximum of 8 years
Some travel across Scotland when required and conditions allow
For further details or to request a copy of the role description, please contact SWRecruitment@scottishwater.co.uk