Imagine if every child had the freedom to learn and pursue their ambitions to the fullest. At the moment, there is so much standing in the way of children's rights to learn, play and express themselves. Children’s University Scotland brings together families, schools, learning providers, government and others to better support children’s learning and wellbeing. Since 2013, we have supported over 10,000 children across Scotland to take part in our Children’s University awards programme, helping them to overcome barriers to learning and to further their talents and interests.
Will you advocate for change for the young people in your community?
We are looking for a Programme Associate to join our dedicated team to support and help drive our programme delivery in Fife in partnership with Fife College, libraries, schools and learning providers. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with the skills and qualities needed to grow our programme across the county and help us demonstrate impact. You will have a track record of supporting children and young people through learning in any context, be able to build and maintain good relationships with wide range of stakeholders, and have a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Children’s University Scotland.
Support and drive our Children's University awards programme and wider learning and engagement offer across Fife.
Key areas of responsibility
We are looking for an individual to:
· Support children, young people and parents/carers to take part in Children’s University, promoting membership and building engagement.
· Promote the Children’s University programme with schools and learning partners throughout Fife.
· Support new schools to onboard and launch Children’s University within their learning community.
· Support ongoing engagement with Children’s University in existing schools and partnerships.
· Build our learning provider network across Fife, ensuring children have access to a diverse range of affordable learning opportunities.
· Support production and distribution of home learning resources to children through building relationships with partner agencies.
· Lead on building knowledge and insight into programme effectiveness.
Represent the organisation externally and positively promote its core aims and objectives.
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
• Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
• Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
• Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
• Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
• Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
• 4% Contributory pension scheme
• Employee recognition schemes
• Opportunities for career progression
• Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
• Refer a Friend Scheme
• Sodexo Employee Benefits
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff.