At Four Square, our vision is for everyone to have a beautiful home and a place in their community.
We provide beautiful accommodation; person centred support; as well as employability and learning opportunities. But we want to grow the level of impact we have. That's why we're looking for someone talented, someone passionate, someone like you.
There is a new, exciting vacancy in Four Square for a part-time Community and Event Fundraiser, working within the fundraising and marketing team. This role will help deliver a fundraising strategy to grow and diversify our supporters and income streams, to support homeless people overcome the barriers they face in creating a stable life for themselves in their community.
We are looking for someone who shares our drive and enthusiasm for what we do.
What will I be doing?
What skills and experience are required?
About the Organisation:
Four Square Scotland is an Edinburgh charity working for more than 40 years to prevent homelessness and promote inclusion. We are driven by our mission to ensure everyone has the opportunity to have a home and a place in their community.
We provide services directly to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to overcome any barriers they may face in creating a stable life for themselves in their community. We apply our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Dignity, and Support to the people we support, our colleagues and our partners.
Alongside our support services, we have a social enterprise focusing on the sustainable reuse of furniture, which provides independent income as well as volunteering and training opportunities for those who use our services.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Practitioner for our Young Persons Accommodation Services, Stopover, where we provide 24 hour support for 18 young people in a recently renovated building in the heart of Edinburgh.
The role of Senior Practitioner is vital to help us achieve our aim of ensuring everyone has a home, a place in their community and a network of positive relationships that support them to build the life they want.
Senior Practitioners support a team of Practitioners in developing relationships, often with people who have experienced a great deal of adversity and trauma and for whom having trust in others can be difficult. Senior Practitioners use their skills in coaching and motivating to help Practitioners recognise their own strengths and work with them to build their confidence, resilience and motivation to undertake their role to the highest quality.
Alongside supporting staff, Senior Practitioners are part of the team and work directly with people using services supporting them in the way they wish to build the life they want.
Main duties and responsibilities:
What we expect from you:
At Four Square, we believe in upholding our values and company approach through our Senior Practitioners. We hold them to a high standard to ensure they embody these values and reflect our company's ethos.
For more information look at our full job description or email email@example.com.
What we offer to you:
As a Personal Assistant (PA), your role is to enable the employer, a young disabled man and powerchair user, to be as independent as possible. This vacancy is only open to holders of a driving licence valid in the UK, unless working evening or night shift.
• Assist the employer with a wide range of social, work-related and domestic activities, including driving the employer’s Wheelchair Accessible Van (WAV).
• Assist the employer with cleaning, laundry, shopping and administrative tasks.
• Assist the employer with eating, drinking, preparing and cooking food.
• Assist the employer with dressing, showering and toileting, including use of a hoist.
• Assist the employer to be comfortable in bed overnight, repositioning him on request.
Skills & Personal Qualities
• Enthusiastic, outgoing and positive attitude.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
• Previous experience supporting a disabled person and awareness of the Social Model of Disability is essential.
• Driving licence valid in the UK is essential.
• Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is essential.
• Opportunity is open to male and female applicants of all backgrounds.
• Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of paid trial period with training.
• Staff room available for taking rest breaks or supporting employer overnight.