The MS Society is here for everyone effected by MS. Whether you have MS, or care about someone who does, our community is here for you through the highs, lows and everything in between.
We understand what life’s like with MS. And we know together we are stronger. We’re researching, writing, campaigning and fighting. Running, walking, caring and talking.
Together, we are strong enough to stop MS.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced team, working across lots of different areas. Are you a high energy, quick learning team player with an interest in communications? Then we want to hear from you.
To apply for the post please send your CV and a one page cover letter detailing your interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact Rebecca Duff, Rebecca.email@example.com
What will the internship involve?
Based in the MS Scotland head office in Ratho you will work alongside the whole Policy and Communications team.
Your main focus will be to:
· Generate content and administer our social media channels
· Write press releases and blogs
· Provide support to fundraising and services colleagues, promoting their projects through our social media channels and press
· Generate and pilot new ways of delivering our multi-channel communications
· Provide support to the wider policy and communications team as required.
How the programme will benefit you
Our interns benefit from the opportunity to:
· Gain invaluable experience with a nationally recognised employer
· Acquire and develop office-based competencies related to career goals and interests
· Gain insight in to the day-to-day activities of one of the UK’s leading charities
· Gain experience of working as part of a dynamic and vibrant team environment
You’ll develop key skills including;
· Communications analysis
· Key message testing
· Communicating complex ideas
You’ll gain knowledge and insight into;
· Policy and communications in a major national charity
· Different communications channels and how to best utilise these
· Working collaboratively with other third sector organisations
Useful information about the position
· This is a 12 week internship
· Working pattern is agreeable with the successful candidate but should be between 3-5 days per week (approx. 20 hours per week)
· Remuneration – equivalent to National Living Wage
As an award-winning innovative care provider, we support the elderly and people living with physical disabilities and long-term conditions across Scotland. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and passion for delivering complex care, making sure that our customers receive high quality care services that can range from visiting a few hours a week to several daily visits.
We deliver our vision of helping our customers live their life to the full through the hard work and dedication of our Support Workers who provide our customers with a wide variety of assistance such as personal hygiene, dressing, medication prompts and light household chores in line with their personal support plans.
Blackwood are currently looking for Support Workers to join our Care Services teams to support our customers living in their own homes in the community and/or in our Care Homes. We operate care services in Aberdeen, Dundee, Perth & Kinross, Edinburgh, Stirling, Lanarkshire, Glasgow, Ayrshire and Inverclyde.
Don’t worry about having any previous care experience, we provide comprehensive training and development opportunities to help you become a great carer!
Our main priority for this job role is to find people who can show our values and behaviours. These are:
The ideal candidate must have:
…Could this be you?
Blackwood offers a range of employee benefits, including: