The Self-Directed Support Forum, East Renfrewshire is a local organisation for anyone who is thinking about directing their own support or that of someone they care for. We also support individuals and families who are already directing an existing social care package.
Our organisation was formed in 2011 by a small collective of service users and carers. Now with funding from the Scottish Government, we have grown into an informed organisation for others to turn to and seek advice, share experiences and feel supported around all aspects of Self-Directed Support.
We are now seeking additional members to join our
Voluntary Board of Trustees
We are keen to attract people to our Board with skills, knowledge and experience in accountancy, finance and law.
As well as our AGM, the board meets 4 times per year with the occasional extra informal meetings being held, as required. The role of Trustee is primarily governance and is a voluntary post. Expenses will be reimbursed.
Food Train is an award winning voluntary organisation, providing practical support services to older people across Scotland, helping them to eat well, live well and age well. Our Renfrewshire & East Renfrewshire branch currently offers 2 services to older people: grocery shopping and our innovative Meal Makers neighbourhood meal sharing service. Due to additional funding, we are now seeking an outstanding individual to help develop our services in the Renfrewshire & East Renfrewshire region.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual committed to the voluntary sector and older people’s services. Applicants will have excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of volunteer management and service delivery. The ideal candidate will have experience of successful, people-based service development and partnership working in the voluntary sector. Having a driver’s licence and access to a car for work purposes is essential to the Development Officer’s role.
Looking for a job where you can really see the difference you make in people’s lives? This is a great opportunity to join Partners for Inclusion’s Linking Lives team where you will help make a real positive difference in people’s lives. We have vacancies across East Renfrewshire and Renfrewshire as well as Ayrshire so would be delighted to hear from applicants from all these areas.
The role is to provide direct support to people who live independently or with their family. This would involve:
● helping to develop greater independence
● emotional support
● support with personal care
● maintaining homes
● assisting people to develop friendships
● supporting people to access activities and play an active part in their community in a way that makes sense to them
● Supporting people in education and/or employment
The successful candidate will be:
Other benefits of this role are a competitive salary, excellent training and progression opportunities along with comprehensive employee benefits.
Do you want to work with an awards winning organisation?
Do you share Aspire values in respect of the rights of vulnerable people to live ordinary lives?
Are you caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the community who may have additional support needs?
A full UK driving licence with access to a car is essential, as travel throughout the service area is an expectation of the post.
Salary is dependent on service and shift pattern.
Your role may include:
· Assisting with personal care;
· Working with individuals to participate in community based social activities of their choice; and/or
· Assisting people with clinical and health care needs.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
· Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
· SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
· Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
Employee benefits include:
· Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
· Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
· Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit; and
· Employee Health Assured assistance programme.