The Self-Directed Support Forum, East Renfrewshire is an organisation for anyone who is thinking about directing their own support or that of someone they care for. We also support individuals and families who are already directing an existing social care package. Self-Directed Support Forum have been delivering Information & Advice on Self-Directed Support since 2013 when the Scottish Government Legislation was implemented. This role involves working on person centred plans to achieve desired outcomes for those in receipt of a Self-Directed Support budget. This can involve liaising with the Local Authority Social Work department to achieve this in accordance with the Scottish Government legislation. We value our good partnership working with the Local Authority. We aim to inform individuals to empower them in decision making and also to support the Health and Social Care Partnership in implementing Self-Directed Support.
Dignity, choice, involvement, collaboration and participation are the guiding principles and values of how we approach and deliver our work. We are a small but dedicated team and are committed to our service delivery. We look to welcome a new team member who is enthusiastic, motivated and professional. Working on your own initiative will be a vital part of this role also. Continued learning and training will be provided throughout.
You will be required to input data on to the Database and maintain accurate records and contribute to evaluation and progress of all service outcomes.
The post will be subject to a PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) check. Self-Directed Support Forum is an Equal Opportunities employer. We are a registered Charity SC044751.
Do you want to work with an awards winning organisation?
Do you share Aspire values in respect of the rights of vulnerable people to live ordinary lives?
Are you caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the community who may have additional support needs?
A full UK driving licence with access to a car is essential, as travel throughout the service area is an expectation of the post.
Salary is dependent on service and shift pattern.
Your role may include:
· Assisting with personal care;
· Working with individuals to participate in community based social activities of their choice; and/or
· Assisting people with clinical and health care needs.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
· Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
· SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
· Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
Employee benefits include:
· Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
· Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
· Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit; and
· Employee Health Assured assistance programme.