The role will involve primarily offering one-to-one support to LGBT people, as well as liaising with other agencies and networks. There will also be opportunities to engage with the wider LGBT community, friends and families across Dumfries and Galloway.
The current situation means all 1 2 1 support, social and other activities are currently all online, and as a result, the role will require working remotely from home address due to Covid-19 restrictions.
We are looking for someone who has a good understanding of the disadvantage and/or discrimination many LGBT people experience, along with a strong understanding of professional boundaries; a high standard of interpersonal skills and experience of partnership and/or multi-agency working
Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway works with third sector partners and public agencies to support voluntary organisations and our local communities. The Engagement Officer (Funding) is vital in providing information and expertise about funding opportunities to the team and the wider third sector. We are looking to recruit an excellent communicator who has a methodical and organised approach to gathering, collecting, managing and disseminating large amounts of information.
▪ To build and establish points of contact with children, youth and their families with a view to integrate them more fully into the life of the Church through an inclusive programme of activities and mission.
▪ To build on the current church groups, evaluating how they are meeting the needs of the family and youths that we serve and how these groups connect with mission/outreach of the congregation.
▪ To lead, develop and maintain relationships with community groups, other agencies in the town and to build up a community profile and to work on specific projects within the community through partnership working.
▪ Establish contact with primary and secondary schools with a view to providing chaplaincy or other support
▪ To develop and organise fresh expressions of worship/Messy Church in consultation with the Minister and Kirk Session.
▪ Create a small team of church members to aid the Kirk Session with Strategic Planning through assessment of current activity.
▪ To be involved in and have input into the life of the congregation, sharing in worship.
▪ To communicate to the Kirk Session information/vision for the work at every Kirk Session Meeting and to Presbytery when requested.
▪ Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time by the Parish Minister.
A full Job Description is available for download below.