This role covers Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire based out of our Inverurie office
The Best in You Brings Out the Best in Me
ENABLE Scotland is a dynamic and vibrant social care organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and we are looking for a dynamic and motivated Service Manager to join us in ensuring they have the same opportunities as everyone else.
You must have the passion and drive to take a lead role in continuing to improve the quality of the services we provide to the people we support and to effectively lead and support local Team Facilitators to manage our frontline support staff.
This role is pivotal to the success of our mission and ambition to support people with a learning disability to lead the lives of their choosing; lives that are full, meaningful and inclusive. A successful Service Manager will lead their teams to develop and maintain good relationships and communications with the family and Social Care professionals involved in the lives of the people we support.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Significant experience of leading and managing Supported Living Services.
• Experience of managing teams with knowledge of culture change.
• A commitment to the inclusion of people with a learning disability.
• An in-depth understanding of the Self Directed Support Act and its principles.
• SVQ level 4 or the ability to work towards the relevant qualification required for your SSSC registration.
• A clear understanding of the need to build and sustain partnerships with stakeholders, commissioners and other third sector providers.
• The ability to lead our business strategy at a local level whilst promoting ENABLE Scotland with an emphasis on growing our business.
• Full driving licence with access to your own vehicle for business use.
At ENABLE Scotland we believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities. These include, but are not limited to:
We also have an excellent range of staff benefits on offer including but not limited to:
Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
Note: The successful applicant will be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of their start date.