To engage with internal and external audiences to support the work of the Church in developing a sustaining Christian
presence in every community and to assist in the delivery of a step change in our approach to
- Support the appropriate Presbytery committees in the development and implementation of the Communications Strategy in conjunction with the Business and Finance Committee and, in particular, helping to design and deliver a programme of events, initiatives and campaigns.
- Work collaboratively across the Presbytery to identify and secure copy, and be responsible for the development and production of a bi-monthly E-Bulletin
- Working with the appropriate Presbytery committees in proactively identifying opportunities to engage with the wider community to explain and express the Mission of the Church.
- Public Relations: Using a variety of mediums, generate ‘good news stories’ and other editorial copy to support the mission of the Presbytery of Aberdeen, liaising with journalists to get media coverage.
- Monitoring Press Coverage of references to the Presbytery in all forms and contexts
- Working across the Presbytery, identify opportunities to use photography and video to capture ‘stories, generate curiosity and interest and give information’ using a more visual approach and seeking appropriate consent to do so.
- Provide advice and guidance on media coverage for events and emerging issues/crises, and respond to media requests including the press, and where appropriate, prepare media statements.