Our client, a Charitable Organisation in Aberdeen have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Officer.
This is a full-time, 6 months contract position.
To increase the financial contributions of individuals and groups to the society by building relationships and
exploring new development opportunities from various sources. To focus fundraising activities on those that will
have the highest chance of success and are likely to produce the largest financial return for the effort
- In cooperation with board members and senior staff, develop a business development and fundraising strategy to
identify priority areas of the society’s operations for fundraising and development activities.
presentational material relating to key fundraising priorities (e.g. the play-scheme) to assist in the task of
persuading potential donors that our cause is worthy of their support.
- Construct a database of potential
donors in the charitable trust (including Children In Need etc.), lottery and corporate sectors as well as
individual philanthropists and allocate a priority rating (A, B, C) to each depending on our assessment of the
likelihood of their support.
- For high potential supporters, identify which areas of the society’s
operations best fit their strategic aims and objectives and develop an approach strategy for each as to how we
should convince them that supporting the society will be of significant mutual benefit.
- Prepare a
prioritised list of potential donors to be approached with target dates for discussion with the
- Action the agreed programme of donor visits/presentations.
- Assess the situation with
regard to government grants available (including in relation to possible new premises)
- Prepare award
application documents and respond to follow-up queries from potential donors and grant
- Propose other innovative fundraising initiatives such as crowdfunding for new
- Engage in discussion with board and senior management team regarding the membership scheme and
how we can offer meaningful benefits to members and increase their engagement.
- Assist in the
organisation of traditional fundraising events as time permits.
- Raise awareness of the charity at all
- Manage and update database to record donor contact, preference information and donations
- Maintain ongoing contact with key donors ensuring their ongoing engagement and longer-term
commitment to the society.
Candidates should have previous experience in business development and fundraising in the charitable sector.
Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office suite